Website The Friedkin Group
The Friedkin Group is a privately held consortium of businesses and investments representing the passions of Chairman and CEO Dan Friedkin and his family.
Full Job Description
- The Manager, Accounting under the leadership of the Director of Family Accounting, will support the operations of the family businesses through full cycle accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, and purchasing card activity.
- The Manager will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination across all of the Family Office, support process improvement, and system implementations.
- Responsible for ensuring critical family member finance and accounting requests are addressed accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and timely within management expectations and company policy.
- Execute a Monthly Close of the General Ledger for the owner and its related entities.
- Provide support to associates conducting routine accounting functions including but not limited to, month-end close, preparation of journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Analyze Balance Sheet Trend analysis, Year-over-year analysis, and Budget to Actual variances for owners and related entities (including Trusts).
- Assist with system implementations and process improvements to increase efficiency and controls within the Family Office.
- Analyze, generate, and process CCM entries needed to maintain balances.
- Maintain well-documented work papers for journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Review reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; dispose of reconciling items in a timely manner.
- As part of the reconciliation process, review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries are recorded.
- Develop, review, and ensure distribution of standard, recurring monthly, quarterly, or annual financial reports to management.
- Analyze, generate, and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between business units
- Develop action plans to address open tasks, requests, or projects and ensure execution of action plans.
- Manage conflicting deadlines and priorities as assigned.
- Quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Manage and clearly communicate risks to meeting deadlines as new tasks and projects arise.
- Participate in the annual business planning process;
- Provide information and assistance to business units, as requested.
- Comply with accounting, tax, and regulatory policies that affect owners and related entities.
- Be responsible for the accounting for certain entities of the owner including accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger.
- Prepare and review schedules to support tax preparation efforts.
- Coordinate gathering of AP data and process 1099’s annually.
- Resolve customer issues quickly; strive to satisfy customers.
- Serve as point person for inquiries from the family.
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will supervise one or more employees.
- Lead, motivate, reward, and develop the team.
- Set a good example and coach associates and teammates to improve their productivity and performance.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include:
- The Manager will also supervise the preparation of the financial statements for the owners.
- The overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these associates.
- Interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, coordinating, and directing work;
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates;
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Sponsoring, directing, coordinating, and supporting project and process improvement teams, and participating in and/or supporting project teams sponsored by other management team members.
- Collaborates with co-workers and leaders to leverage knowledge and experience to improve processes, procedures, and the work environment in order to eliminate inefficient and ineffective processes and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
- 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA is preferred.
- Family Office accounting experience is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit careers.friedkin.com.