Website Richdale Apartments
Richdale Apartment Communities have outstanding spacious plans designed for long-term living. We take pride in creating properties that are Built for Life™, allowing residents to enjoy everyday living in a comfortable setting.
Full Job Description
- As a leader in the national owner/developer industry of luxury multi-family communities and commercial properties, we strive to cultivate a fun, productive, and exciting work environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
- Teamwork is at the core of our culture, and we are always seeking talented individuals to join our winning team! If you are a team player and a top performer, this very well could be the place for you! Apply today!
- As a Staff Accountant, candidates will assist in all phases of accounting, including financial reports, analysis, budgets, and general ledger maintenance.
- Candidates must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with a solid ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Candidates must possess the ability to work well as part of a team within Richdale Apartments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Designing and maintaining accounting systems and controls that meet policy standards as set by Management
- Managing monthly close and reconciliation process
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating the year-end close process
- Having an excellent understanding of the general ledger to maintain and manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including cash flow statements
- Researching authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting topics
- Providing internal and/or external financial analysis, consultation, and decision support
- Working with management on financial projections and financial modeling
- Assisting CFO with special projects as necessary
- Managing revenue recognition policies and practices
- Managing vendor relationships for insurance, payroll, and healthcare
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general accounting departments
- Training, coaching, developing, evaluating & retaining competent accounting staff
- Demonstrating problem-solving and analytical abilities where problems are complex
- Providing value-based and market-based analysis that drive decisions
- Using uncertainty tools to provide a range of scenarios and decision points
- Embracing and managing change
- Must possess strong analytical, communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills
- Have at least 5 -10 years of accounting or finance experience, including previous management responsibility and comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting but prefer applicants who have also earned certification as a certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA)
- Must be very detail-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and the ability to work effectively with senior members of other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork
To apply for this job please visit jobs-richdalegroup.icims.com.