Analyst & External Relationship Management – Family Office
BlackRock serves clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices, and private banks.
The responsibilities of an Analyst in the Americas Institutional Business include:
- Participate as a key member of dedicated client teams serving primarily Family Offices, based in San Francisco, CA.
- Support Relationship Managers with all ongoing sales, service, and communication with clients and prospects.
- Assist the development of sophisticated solutions for clients, from advisory solutions to comprehensive outsourced mandates.
- Handle projects around the development of our solutions business, including marketing and prospecting efforts, thought leadership, and events.
- Proactively maintain and develop a prospecting effort targeted to family offices and principals for solutions-based engagements.
- Develop asset class proficiency across BlackRock’s product range – including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real assets, private equity, and private credit.
- Cultivate positive relationships with clients, becoming the “go-to” person for account-specific information, which can include security level (bonds, stocks, derivatives) information, portfolio investment performance, investment guideline compliance, clarifications and modification, cash inflows and redemptions.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, investment product specialists, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations, and portfolio administration personnel to organize client meetings and coordinate presentation material content.
- Use BlackRock’s proprietary systems to assemble security, capital market, and economic data to create a range of presentation materials including portfolio review books, board presentations, and marketing materials.
- Gather critical data to quickly respond orally and in writing to client information requests.
Write and publish client meeting summary notes posted to firm-wide client relationship management systems.
- Assist with new client onboarding- supporting clients through the process of opening new accounts with BlackRock.
- 0-2 years experience with institutional or family office/ultra-HNW investors. Foundations of strong industry and investment knowledge OR consistent track record to learn new concepts quickly.
- Beginning knowledge across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products.
- BA/BS degree in a related field (Economics, Finance, or Accounting).
- Progress toward a CFA designation is strongly desired.
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the SIE, series 7 and 63 licenses.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackrock.com.