Website Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP, a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services and Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC which provides business advisory and non-attest services, operate as an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and applicable laws, regulations, and professional standards.
Full Job Description
- Citrin Cooperman is one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in the United States, and 4th among mid-Atlantic firms, with over 2,400 employees in 21 U.S. and International offices. This year, we were rated one of the Top 50 Best Companies to Work for according to Vault.com. We are always looking for new team members who bring a fresh perspective, technical expertise, and a passion for solving problems. At Citrin Cooperman, we offer you the flexibility to take your career to the next level and still allow you to focus on what matters to you!
- We are looking for a Business Management & Family Office (BMFO) Director to join our Advisory Department in one of our Los Angeles offices to support a highly prestigious client base comprising of high-net-worth individuals, their families, and various business interests. In this role, you will have direct hands-on experience by providing guidance, advice, and solutions to align with your client’s needs. The BMFO Director will also be responsible for leading a team on specific engagements to ensure workflow is progressing and administrative matters are met.
- Financial reporting & wealth tracking investments, assets, liabilities, income & expenses
- Portfolio & investment accounting for high-net-worth individuals and their interests
- Tracking tax basis and unfunded capital commitments
- Top review engagement deliverables & management of entire engagements/client relationships; pick up mistakes and issues; identify planning opportunities.
- Liaise with the tax department engagement team for seamless cross-department activities.
- Vendor management, bill payment, and check signing for clients; household payroll.
- Insurance, retirement plan, and related services
- Provide the highest-quality service to clientele while managing risk.
- Recognize business issues and alternative solutions to resolve them.
- Follow and lead by example all family office policies & procedures, best practices, and risk controls.
- Identify inefficiencies and come up with solutions to mitigate them.
- Engagement planning and scheduling for client engagements and the department.
- Training of staff both technical and administrative
- Business development and proposals for new client engagements.
- CPA required
- Financial statement reporting experience – balance sheet & income statement classification.
- Good knowledge and experience with investment/ portfolio accounting; marketable securities, private equity, and private placements in hedge funds/private equity funds.
- Good knowledge and experience with tax reporting for individuals, partnerships, trusts, and estate/gift
- Foster excellent relationships with clients, and take ownership of work product.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the engagement team, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to handle discrete, confidential, and sensitive matters.
- Experience in public accounting with high-net-worth individuals or in a multi-family office is a plus.
- Self-starter, that demonstrates strong organizational and time management ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Above average skill set with respect to Excel, Word, and QuickBooks
- Embraces firm goals, policies, and guidelines.
- Experience with Datafaction and/or other Wealth Management tracking/reporting applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
Pay: $150,000 – $260,000 a year
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.