Controller For Family Office
MacPacJac Management LLC
This office administers investments (domestic and international) for the family, including reviewing reports from managers for issues and inconsistencies and reconciling investment reports. The office also handles bills for the office and the patriarch and matriarch, including supporting their houses.
- A family investment office in Miami Beach, FL, is looking for a controller to lead day-to-day financial needs for the office and for family members. This person will work with the general ledger, oversee the payment of invoices, reconcile accounts, create reporting packages, coordinate and provide information for tax providers, and assist with other financial activities as needed.
- Oversee accounting and financial activities for the family and the investment office.
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Reconcile each checking and investment account monthly.
- Prepare monthly and annual reporting packages for leadership and family, including budgets, spending, and investment performance.
- Design, implement, and monitor controls over accounting and household staff.
- Prepare all compliance information required by banking institutions (W-9, W-8BEM, KYC, CRS, etc.)
- Prepare eligible investor forms for New Investments (hedge funds and private equities) and all necessary annual compliance as required.
- Coordinate with tax providers, providing data and communicating changes to investments and businesses.
- Create and support budgets for family members and entities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient at working with a general ledger.
- The person must have at least 5 years of accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
- Self-starter, who will constantly look for better ways to operate and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must have some experience interacting with hedge funds and complex investments.
- Experience with investment aggregation and reporting systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Spanish, for interacting with family members, office staff, family businesses, advisors, and vendors.
- Proficient with Quickbooks, Excel, and other Microsoft applications.
- A track record of integrity, honesty, confidentiality, loyalty, and discretion.
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.