New York Head – Global Family Office Group
The Group’s primary role is to support new client acquisitions, deepening wallet share and franchise cross-sell for the Family Office segment across Citi Private Bank.
KEY CONTRIBUTIONS AND TASKS:
- The Head of North America for the Group, in partnership with key stakeholders, will drive our market share across these segments through new client acquisition, deepening wallet share, and cross-selling into key franchise partnerships.
- S/he will be available domestically and globally to meet with clients and prospects to support banker and regional engagement and will represent the segment for CPB as an external marketing ambassador.
- Internally, the role will be a key conduit for franchise relationships across the segment, building lasting and trusted relationships with key partners across Citi, with the end goal of surfacing new commercial opportunities and improving client outcomes.
Institutional Wealth Sales:
- In partnership with coverage and product stakeholders, the team is responsible for driving sales into the Institutional Wealth segment.
Key Institutional Wealth sales focus includes:
- Supporting existing coverage teams in the sale of core Wealth products where suitable and appropriate.
- Coordinate the sales of Direct Private Investing (“DPI”) to the segment. Deal origination is delivered by the existing DPI product team.
- In partnership with CGW Capital Markets, coordinate CPB sales efforts around suitable Institutional Capital Markets products, including Strategic Equity Solutions, Commercial Real Estate financing, and the Markets Direct Access (“MDA”) product program, among others.
- Coordinate CPB efforts with Banking Capital Markets and Advisory (“BCMA”), including the origination of client introductions where suitable.
- Coordinate access to targeted, episodic BCMA transactions suitable for a subset of Institutional Wealth clients.
- Coordination of the Institutional Wealth sales effort across the Private Bank will require close coordination with relevant product teams, including building an increasingly integrated sales approach with the existing Solutions Sales and Capital Markets teams.
- The Head of North America will lead business development efforts with key franchise partners across Citi, including BCMA, Markets, Securities Services, Trade & Transaction Services, and the Commercial Bank.
- S/he will build upon well-established policies, procedures, and partnerships to increase the two-way flow of client leads.
- Within some specific areas, there will be the scope to drive co-coverage of key franchise names where suitable.
Family Office Advisory:
- Build upon our market-leading footprint in the global family office segment and our value proposition of advice-led engagement, curated learning experiences, and access to a global peer network that aim to deliver value to our CPB sales coverage teams as they look to grow and expand the reach of our client community.
- Coordinate with the full suite of senior product partners across CPB’s global advisory services, including the Lab, Wealth Planning, Philanthropic, and Art Advisory, to support clients’ needs on the creation, operation, and benchmarking of family offices, portfolio construction, optimization and risk mitigation strategies, governance, next-generation preparation, succession as well as trust and estate and cross-border matters.
- Own content and events for the segments, consisting of a range of white papers and industry surveys, small regional programs as well major global events, such as the Family Office Leadership Program, to more effectively monetize/drive NCA.
- Show leadership in the first line of defense risk management for the segment and coordinate closely with the second line to protect the franchise and improve client outcomes.
Metrics for Success:
- The key metrics for success will include new client acquisition, deepening wallet share, and franchise cross-selling. The Global Head will be accountable for progress through regular business reviews with the Private Banking CEO and leadership team.
- Proven track record in driving incremental revenue and new client acquisition strategies in a private bank and/or institutional banking setting
- Extensive and proven experience working with family office executives, principals, and family members
- Exceptional knowledge and connectivity within the family office ecosystem of advisors, service providers, and centers of excellence
- Experience successfully developing and leading revenue-based consulting businesses, including marketing, business development, and operations
- Exceptional consultative, analytical/business evaluation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships across a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated coaching and people development experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff
- Team player
- Excellent communicator (staff, clients, and colleagues)
- Customer and quality-focused
- Thinks strategically – sees the big picture
- Leads by example and is seen as a “role model”
- Is highly regarded and respected within the community
- Ability to handle complex client situations; solution provider
- Ability to influence others (staff, peers, and superiors)
- Thinks outside of the box
- Highly motivated to succeed; results-oriented
- Self-starter; entrepreneurial spirit
- Active listening skills
- Change agent/Flexible
- Will be viewed by all staff as a strong manager equally focused on the business, clients, and employee success
- Bachelor’s/university degree; master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:
- Private Client Coverage
- Private Client Business Development
- New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
- $250,000.00 – $500,000.00
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citi.com.