BDO delivers assurance, tax, digital technology solutions and financial advisory services to clients throughout the country and around the globe.
Full Job Description
- The Private Client & Family Office Services (PCS-FOS) Manager manages the full life cycle of all assigned finance and accounting outsourcing engagements.
- Responsibilities include proposal development, staff assignment and oversight, final work product review, and overall portfolio financial performance.
- In addition, the PCS-FOS Manager is responsible for client relationship management, including regularly meeting with the client and assigned staff, reporting financial information and making financial management recommendations, timely billing, and resolution of client issues.
- In this role, the Private Client & Family Office Services Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues and recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy.
- In addition, the Private Client & Family Office Manager will be involved in the marketing, networking, and business development within an area of expertise and specialization and may be asked to provide written tax advice to clients
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
One of the following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree, focus in Accounting or Finance, preferred AND six (6) or more years of experience performing general accounting transactions and functions, required; OR
- Seven (7) or more years performing general accounting transactions and functions with some supervisory and consultative or business advisory experience without a degree, required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree (Masters in Accountancy), preferred
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Experience working with outsourced and/or delivery center operations, preferred
- Consultative or business advisory experience, preferred
- CPA certification, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, required
- Experience utilizing industry standard accounting software and BDODrive platform software such as Intuit’s QuickBooks
- Online (QBO), Microsoft NAV and Bill.com, preferred
- Prior experience utilizing industry recognized accounting research tools, preferred
- SEI Archway and Qvinchi, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understands the finance and accounting functions generally performed by a business (e.g. sales, purchasing, A/R, etc.) and common best practices/processes for how they operate, as well as how they interact
- Understands other business imperatives/functions (e.g. data security, internal controls, etc.) and how they can affect the finance and accounting functions; uses this knowledge to analyze the current structure of a client and identify what services or processes may be inefficient or missing and where we can add value
- Ability to present well in one-on-one and small group settings
- Ability to present well to all levels of management, internally and with clients; projects confidence and expertise; communicates in a clear and concise manner that emphasizes key points; persuades others to their points of view; self-aware – knows when an approach is not working and can change course immediately
- Takes personal accountability for work products and accepts constructive feedback to guide future actions
Strong analytical and basic research skills
- GAAP and TAX knowledge, financial statement presentation, and report writing
- Solid organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously, while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction and service delivery
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks while working independently or within a group environment
- Ability to act as the primary contact on assigned engagements and effectively manage a team of professionals including delegating work assignments as needed
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel, while delegating work assignments as needed
- Interacts effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm as well as the capability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Individual salaries that are offered to a candidate are determined after consideration of numerous factors including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and geography.
Pay: $95,000 – $125,000
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.