Tax Senior Manager
BDO delivers assurance, tax, digital technology solutions and financial advisory services to clients throughout the country and around the globe.
Full Job Description
- The Private Client & Family Office Services (PCS-FOS) Senior Manager acts as a leader within the PCS-FOS group.
- This position is tasked with assisting with building a robust PCS-FOS practice.
- The PCS-FOS Senior Manager is responsible for providing exceptional client service and supervising the work products of other professionals on the client relationship team; developing new business and working with the business development and marketing team as opportunities move through the pursuit process; mentoring and developing the interpersonal and technical skills of the other client relationship team members; and responsibly managing the PCS-FOS practice through mitigating risk and managing the financial performance of their respective client portfolio.
- Additionally, in this role, the PCS-FOS Senior Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues recognizing, and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy, and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation, and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
One of the following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree, focus in Accounting or Finance, preferred AND eight (8) or more years of experience performing general accounting transactions and functions, required; OR
- Ten (10) or more years performing general accounting transactions and functions with some supervisory and consultative or business advisory experience without a degree, required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree (Masters in Accountancy), preferred
- Four (4) or more years of supervisory experience, required
- Consultative or business advisory experience, required
- Experience working with outsourced and/or delivery center operations, preferred
- CPA certification, preferred
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, required
- Experience utilizing industry standard accounting software and BDODrive platform software such as Intuit’s QuickBooks
- Online (QBO), Microsoft NAV and Bill.com, preferred
- Prior experience utilizing industry recognized accounting research tools, preferred
- SEI Archway and Qvinchi, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting functions, technology for supporting these functions and how tax planning can differ by industry and business structure; knows what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice for the industry or business structure
- Takes personal accountability for work products and accepts constructive feedback to guide future actions
- Fully understands the finance and accounting functions generally performed by a business (e.g. sales, purchasing, A/R, etc.) and common best practices/processes for how they operate, as well as how they interact; understands other business imperatives/functions (e.g. data security, internal controls, etc.) and how they can affect the finance and accounting functions; uses this knowledge to analyze the current structure of a client and identify what services identify what services or processes may be inefficient or missing and where we can add value, as well as advise on best practices for their overall financial ecosystem
- Presents well in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings; presents well to all levels of management, internally and with clients; projects confidence and expertise; communicates in a clear and concise manner that emphasizes key points; persuades others to their points of view; self-aware – knows when an approach is not working and can change course immediately
- Strong analytical and research skills
- GAAP and TAX knowledge, financial statement presentation, and report writing
- Strong organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to lead a team in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously, while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction and service delivery
- Direct and prioritize the team to successfully execute multiple tasks
- Ability to act as the primary contact and provide an executive presence on engagements
- Capable of effectively managing a team of professionals and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Interacts effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm, including the Business Development team; demonstrates the capability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Individual salaries that are offered to a candidate are determined after consideration of numerous factors including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and geography.
Pay: $150,000 – $200,000
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.