Business Assistant for UHNW
Website 19 London
We are an international recruitment agency, specialising in the placement of Personal and Executive Assistants, Private Household Staff & Childcare, and International Super Yacht Crew – as well as a variety of other staff – to clients around the world.
About the job:
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Private and Business Assistant to join a highly established and respected UHNW single-family office in Kensington.
- You will support the family members with all their administration and organization to ensure their lives are as easy and as efficient as possible.
- Duties will include everything from diary management, travel booking, and coordination, overseeing domestic bills and finances, and assisting with events organization – this is a varied role that requires a high level of flexibility.
- In addition, at times you will be required to assist the wider team with administration and office management duties.
- Based in Kensington, you will join a small, welcoming, and lovely team of approximately 18 people – all of whom work collaboratively to ensure the principal’s lives run smoothly.
- You will be a practical and outcome-focused self-starter – able to work with little direction and leverage common sense to work effectively.
- You will be highly organized, able to multitask, and capable of working to deadlines.
- The role would suit a hardworking, diligent, dedicated PA who takes great pride in their work.
- You will be down-to-earth, approachable, and have a friendly disposition.
- Prior PA experience is essential for this role.
- Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm, with flexibility required on occasion. The successful candidate will be expected to be in the office at least 4 days per week.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance, a non-contributory pension scheme, and private medical.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Diary management, including organizing and making appointments/reservations to ensure optimal scheduling of meetings and events
- Coordinating personal travel arrangements of family members (flights, transport, accommodation) to ensure all journeys are well-organised and efficiently managed in the most cost-effective way
- Organizing visa applications and permit extensions when necessary
- Arranging and offering support in relation to domestic services such as telecom, broadband, and utilities
- Supporting family members in relation to vehicles (including purchase, registration, lease and rental)
- Offering to organize relocation support for family members and helping to relocate their personal belongings
- General administration and document filing
- Troubleshooting whenever personal ad hoc problems arise
- Maintaining and extending a network of external service providers that can be used by the family members
- Be in charge of the practical organization of events that the company holds for the family members
- General office support as part of the team of PAs and Assistants
- Meeting and greeting principals and other visitors to the office
- Help to organize office events for the staff when needed
- Perform ad hoc duties or projects as requested
- Previous Personal Assistant experience in a similar role, preferably in a family office, financial services, banking, tax or legal environment
- Prior experience in an international environment is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent all-round communication skills for successful interaction with clients, individuals and groups inside and outside the organization
- Reliable, friendly, and diplomatic
- Excellent problem-solving and numerical skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills. Especially Excel (including functions and simple formulas) and PowerPoint
- Make decisions autonomously, deal with impromptu requests, and take responsibility
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Flexible and proactive by nature, able to keep an overview and re-prioritize when needed
- A strong client focus and service orientation, giving high priority to service delivery
- An excellent team player who is willing to be flexible with duties and work collaboratively
- Client-focused and results-oriented
- Discreet and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to anticipate and be proactive
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Good communicator
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, additional languages are an advantage
- Excellent checkable reference
To apply for this job please visit 19london.com.