Chief Financial Officer
Website The Fortis Company
The Fortis Company provides technical and sourcing solutions to large volume multi/single family contractors and developers.
Full Job Description
- Chief Financial Officer
- The Fortis Company is growing, and we need a leader who can bring organization and discipline to our accounting department.
- The CFO will have a day-to-day, ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyze, strategize, and grow our financial position.
- This seasoned strategist not only will understand current accounting practices and trends but also will have experience raising capital and adapting to change, whether it’s through growth or downsizing.
- As a member of senior management, the CFO will be comfortable in a leadership role that requires clear and effective communication skills.
Objectives of This Role:
- Take responsibility (either directly or via staff) for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, and help drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate development of annual operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with operations by overseeing day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal-control activities of the organization.
- Develop and implement best practices and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization that has strong fiscal management, project coordination, cross-team communications, and workflows.
- Comply with national and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and taking appropriate action
- Work with senior staff to efficiently develop budget proposals, provide access to project finance information, and ensure contract/grant compliance and reporting.
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, and identify areas for cost reduction and process enhancement.
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Oversee HR operations by coordinating with external service providers (ex: payroll, benefits, recruitment) and internal staff responsible for other aspects of HR
- Monitor business performance with tracking tools, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports for earnings calls, management team, and rest of company
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory entities (ex: Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, state attorneys general)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in executive leadership roles
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of how to raise capital outside traditional lines of credit.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
- Professional certification (ex: Certified Public Accountant)
Pay: $120,000.00 – $155,000.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.