Family Office Controller
Website Harnish Group, Inc.
Harnish Group Inc. is the Caterpillar Dealer in Central and Western Washington, Central and Eastern Montana, Northwestern Wyoming, Northwestern North Dakota and the state of Alaska.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervision – Supervise and direct an Accountant and an Administrative Assistant who will work closely with the Family Office Controller and family members to complete various administrative tasks related to the family office operations.
- Financial reporting – Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements/reports for the family. Includes personal assets/operations as well as various business entities.
- Income Taxes – Preparation and submission of returns for minor entities will be prepared by the
- Family Office. Ensure that the returns, and estimated payments, are filed both timely and accurately. Make recommendations to the family to minimize income tax liability.
- Investments – The Family Office Controller must have knowledge of the family investments and will manage the relationships with external Investment Managers, review investment reports from
- Investment Managers, summarize the reports for the family and provide input, when requested, on decisions related to investments.
- Estate Planning – Have detailed knowledge of family estate planning activities. Experience with estate planning and annual gifting is preferred. Ensure that trusts’ operations are in compliance with trust documents and legal requirements. Ensure that gifting activities are performed timely and in accordance with legal requirements, including valuation of company stock and preparation of Gift Tax Returns.
- Property, Casualty, Auto, and Other Insurance – Responsible for ensuring appropriate insurance coverage for family members and family business entities.
- Property Management – Perform property management activities for real estate (both family and business-owned) and personal property.
- Special projects – Assist family members and Senior Management Team Members with various special projects as required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.