Family Office UHNW Advisor
Website BPM LLP
The firm works with clients in the agribusiness, consumer business, financial and professional services, life science, nonprofit, wine and craft beverage, real estate and technology industries. BPM’s diverse perspectives, expansive expertise and progressive solutions come together to create exceptional experiences for individuals and businesses around the world.
Full Job Description
- As a Family Office Advisor, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of investment, legal, audit, tax, and family office experts. Together, we will deliver high-quality professional services to our esteemed clients. At BPM, our Business and Outsourcing Services team is renowned for offering comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private and owner-run companies. We specialize in supporting family-owned businesses, start-ups, and more.
- In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
- Working with BPM means using your experiences, broadening your skills, and reaching your full potential in work and life – while also making a positive difference for your clients, colleagues, and communities. Our shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. Our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Total rewards package: from flexible work arrangements to personalized benefit structures and financial compensation options that give you choice and flexibility.
- Well-being resources: interactive wellness platform and incentives, an employee assistance program and mental health resources, and Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) that provide safe spaces for colleagues to share, be heard, feel valued, and deepen connections. Lance & flexibility: 14 Firm holidays including two floating holidays, Flex PTO, paid family leave, winter break, summer hours, and remote work options, so you can balance challenging yourself with taking care of yourself.
- Professional development opportunities: A learning culture with CPA exam resources and bonuses, tuition reimbursement, a coaching program, live classes, workshops, and seminars offered by our Learning and Development team.
As a Family Office Advisor, you will get to:
- Coordinate all accounting functions for Ultra high-net-worth individuals/ family clients and their investment entities, including maintenance of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger entries.
- Be a key player in taking charge of reviewing month-end and year-end financial statements, conducting account reconciliations, analyzing the general ledger, and coordinating annual audits.
- Manage a team dedicated to each family office
- Manage ad-hoc projects and draft proposals for engagements.
- Join our weekly management meetings and contribute to driving the goals and objectives of our firm and practice.
- Take on “in-charge” responsibilities for our small to mid-size private company family-run business.
- Collaborate with the tax department to provide crucial information and assist in preparing federal and state tax returns.
- Develop and nurture connections with clients, ensuring their satisfaction. You will motivate and mentor our staff by providing training, regular feedback, and career guidance.
For the Family Office Advisor, you will have:
- 7 years of experience in Family Office, preferably as a controller/ CFO, Sage Intact/NetSuite Software experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- A Master’s degree in accounting/ finance, a strong working knowledge of GAAP financial statements, and a non-active/ active CPA license are preferred
- Demonstrated management and project management experience with increasing levels of responsibility in developing, training, and mentoring junior-level staff
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including the ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently, and proficiency in various technological skills is essential.
- The ability to navigate through various technologies.
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership, client executives, and technical-level audiences.
- An extensive and diverse accounting background within family office or for ultra-high-net-worth individuals
- Knowledge of various investment types utilized by ultra-high-net-worth individuals, such as managed portfolios and private equity, partnership accounting, and an understanding of how to book the activity.
Who is successful at BPM:
- Caring for people who put others first
- Self-starters who embody the BPM entrepreneurial spirit
- Authentic individuals with diverse points of view
- Lifelong learners with a drive to excel
- Resilient people who rise to the occasion
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.