Manager and Bookkeeper
Website Murray Estates
Murray Estates is a leading property development and investment company and long term investor in development land. Based in Edinburgh the business has extensive land interests across central Scotland and is one of the largest private landowners in the City of Edinburgh.
Full Job Description
- First and foremost responsible for assisting a very busy CEO who needs a capable and ethical assistant to keep his multiple businesses and multiple home finances and documents organized.
- Will need to be a self-starter who can work in a private office suite within a private estate in Palm Beach but with an informal atmosphere.
- We have had a many-years stable and friendly home management team.
- Courtesy, discretion, and privacy are expected to be observed for the family as well as those working in the home.
- The current person in this position has been with us for 30 years and is pleased to work concurrently with you before retiring.
The individual in this position will be responsible for the bookkeeping and organization of:
- Multiple business accounts
- Multiple home maintenance vendor accounts
- Family’s foundation account
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, accounts payable and receivable, preparing financial reports, ADP payroll administration, and coordination with external accountants or tax professionals for annual tax filings.
- Will liaison with outside accountants, vendors, insurance providers, and contractors.
- Record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments.
- Manage and process invoices, maintaining our good reputation of making timely payments to vendors.
- Stay updated on the latest features and updates in financial software
- Propose solutions to improve financial processes and efficiency
- Responsible for resolving maintenance issues and outages from appropriate vendors
- Organization and maintenance, file retention, and backup of both paper and online files
- Reconcile invoices and bank statements regularly to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Able to work in an environment with often very busy and sometimes quieter periods
- Degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a bookkeeper or in a similar financial role.
- ADP Payroll
- MacOS and PC basics
Pay: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour
Expected hours: 24 – 40 per week
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.