Office Administrator and Accounting Assistant
Website PEAR Core Solutions
The PEAR team works with leaders of organizations, as their change agents and their HR strategy partners, to create success within teams and throughout the organization.
About the job
- A boutique law firm is seeking a new hire who has bookkeeping, compliance & administrative experience in a Family Office.
- Experience with KYC and FATCA administration and financial statement preparation is a major plus.
- Additionally, this new hire will assist with maintaining compliance records, conducting compliance research, document management, and administrative duties.
Assist with Client and Matter Compliance Research
- Assist in researching new clients to ensure client’s alignment with legal regulations and ethical guidelines and to ensure client’s business does not conflict with existing clients.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
Maintain Compliance Records
- Maintain confidential personal documents and information in client files, and documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Prepare and submit KYC forms based on information held in files and new information solicited from clients to satisfy frequent requests from registered agents and trustees.
- Update the internal computer system to reflect corporate and client information so that historical and current information is available to all employees with detailed accuracy.
- Support the Director of Compliance in maintaining, updating, and training new hires on the compliance protocols.
Family Office / Corporate Administration and Bookkeeping
- Recordkeeping for corporate administration entities as well as for some private client entities.
- Enter payments received in QuickBooks and trust accounting system; reconcile bank statements.
- Assist with daily transactions and interactions with banks and private equity investments for private clients
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies, independently.
- These include FATCA, CRS, Economic Substance, and basic financial reporting in multiple jurisdictions.
- Research new regulatory requirements, such as the Corporate Transparency Act, to keep abreast of filing deadlines, state-by-state disclosure requirements, and filing formats.
- Synthesize information held in the firm’s files to add to the appropriate forms for submission.
- Preparation of simple financial statements using a template.
- Assist in collecting information required to prepare tax and informational returns;
- Mail returns according to strict office protocols for proper recordkeeping
- Communicate with clients and attorneys to obtain required documents.
- Correspond with clients and registered agents regarding documentation requests.
- Coordinate billing requests from the Director of Compliance, such as preparing bills, sending invoices, and making follow-ups to clients.
Electronic and Paper Filing and Document Management
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, and updating paperwork.
- Prepare and edit documents including reports and client communications to ensure professional language and formatting.
- Preferred Experience: 3+ years of administrative support experience in a Family Office
- Preferred Knowledge or Skills:
- Reading, understanding, and preparing financial statements
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Filing of compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Completing KYC forms and providing documents as requested by registered agents and trustees.
- Experience with international banking transactions
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping/QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- KYC: 3 years (Preferred)
- Family Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Compliance Report Filing: 3 years (Preferred)
- International Banking Transactions: 3 years (Preferred)
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000 annually depending on experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.