Website Schneider Downs & Co.
Schneider Downs is a Top 60 independent Certified Public Accounting (CPA) and professional services firm providing audit, tax, consulting, and wealth management services to clients in the United States and around the world.
Full Job Description:
- As a trusted advisor in the professional services industry, you know what matters most to clients:
- Big thinking with a personal focus.
- You also know what matters most to your success, including career growth, work-life flexibility, leadership that cares about your ability to succeed, the opportunity to give and receive one-on-one coaching and mentoring, as well as learning opportunities that inspire professional development.
- Experience them all at Schneider Downs, where we’ve been providing accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management services through our team of innovative thought leaders for over 65 years.
- Start building a career with people motivated to help you succeed—and enjoy more of what counts.
- As a Tax Manager – Private Family Office, you will provide high-level reviews of tax research and tax returns of individual, fiduciary, and closely-held businesses.
- Prepare and lead client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and the tax implications to the client.
- In this role, you will maintain relationships with a diverse client base in various industries and assist firm leadership in identifying new opportunities and assist in obtaining new engagements.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the specialized needs of high-net worth clients, including families with multigenerational wealth, entrepreneurs and closely-held business owners
- Provide wealth planning advice, and help clients make informed, strategic decisions relevant to their personal finances, business and investment needs, family legacy, etc.
- Manage engagement workflow, engagement team resources and engagement billing
- Work as part of a coordinated client service approach, working with other practice units to provide industry knowledge and insight to clients in a variety of industries
- Review engagement profitability and prepare and analyze monthly billing for assigned engagements
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and working knowledge of accounting and tax software
- Provide leadership, counseling and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- CPA, J.D., LL.M or Masters in Taxation
- Minimum of five years of public accounting experience, or relevant private family office experience providing tax planning services, or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns is required
- Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Excellent writing, communication and tax research skills
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.